Facilities and Equipment Access
The SSPC is hosted at the University of Limerick, within the 15,100m2 Bernal/MSSI complex. SSPC partners have access to the facilities and equipment in each of the 9 research performing organisations. SSPC partners also have access to partner company facilities including kilo labs, pilot plants, and analytical equipment including in-situ PAT systems.
SSPC partner institutions have expertise in the following:
- University of Limerick Physical Properties, Polymorphism, Chemical Engineering, Modelling and CFD
- University College Cork Synthetic Organic Chemistry & Pharmaceutics
- University College Dublin Chemical Engineering
- Trinity College Dublin Pharmaceutics, Spray-Drying & Milling
- National University of Ireland Galway Analytics & Chemometrics
- Dublin City University, biomedical diagnostics, biofermentation process analysis, separation science and marine monitoring
- Waterford Institute of Technology, drug delivery, pharmaceutical analysis, sensor technologies, biomedical science and molecular biotechnology, X-ray Microtomography, Finite Element Modeling & Microwave processing and material research
- Athlone Institute of Technology, Industrial Polymer Solutions and Design, rapid prototyping fabrication, polymer processing, physical and mechanical testing, analytical chemistry, surface and elemental analysis
A complete directory of all analytical infrastructure capability within the SSPC and nationally can be found on the ATTLAS website.