Dr. Jennifer McManus is the Head of the Department of Chemistry and leads the Soft Matter and Biophysical Chemistry research group at Maynooth University. She completed a B.Sc. and Ph.D. in Chemistry at University College Dublin and was a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Fribourg and at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. She established a research group at Maynooth University as a SFI Stokes Lecturer in 2008 and became Head of Department in 2017.
- Protein condensation and phase diagrams
- Self-assembly of soft materials
- Protein aggregation
- Mechanical properties of soft materials and biological tissue
- Bottom up approaches to synthetic biology
- Membrane protein crystallization