Who we are
SSPC the SFI Research Centre for Pharmaceuticals is hosted at the University of Limerick as well as a number of affiliated bodies. A hub of Irish research expertise developing innovative technologies to address key challenges facing the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry.
What we do
The aim of SSPC is to deliver industry-relevant technical solutions, which result in job growth and retention within this sector in Ireland and grow the skills base of qualified scientists and engineers.
The research carried out by SSPC crosses the pharmaceutical production chain from molecule to medicine, with the objective of gaining a better understanding of mechanisms, controlling processes, and predicting outcomes for the efficient and environmentally sustainable production of safe medicines.
This statement relates to SSPC privacy practices in connection with SSPC websites. SSPC are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. External links to other websites are not always clearly identifiable as such. Within the SSPC domain you can sometimes find website links which take you to different websites, over which SSPC has no editorial responsibility or control. While SSPC encourages compliance with this web privacy statement at such sites. Please consult the privacy statements of individual sites or contact the persons responsible for those sites, in order to understand the policies and practices under which they operate.
SSPC fully respects your right to privacy and actively seeks to preserve the privacy rights of those who share information with SSPC. SSPC will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your permission save in cases where SSPC are required by law to do so (e.g. the investigation of a criminal offence or a breach of any of the Universities policies, procedures or guidelines). Many personal information which you volunteer to SSPC will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
SSPC does not collect any personal data about you on this website, apart from information which you volunteer (for example by e-mailing one or more of our four Co-Host Universities). Any information, which you provide in this way, will be made available to a third party – typically those working within the management operations team and members of partner institutions only in line with the purpose for which you provided it.
We share information around the number and nature of visits to our website with our Funders Science Foundation Ireland as part of SSPC reporting metrics. Any information which we share is in anonymised aggregated form, unless your consent has been obtained to the contrary. For example, relating to a news story involving you and SSPC where that information is published. You may at any time request a withdrawal of consent. Typically, consent is obtained and confirmed with a consent form. You can withdraw consent by contacting us or any of the University DPO’s who will ensure consent is withdrawn.
Personal Data We Collect
- We collect personal data which you volunteer to us via our website. Where you provide data typically via one of our webform/consent forms, we will collect and process this data.
- Where you contact us for the purposes of business we will process this data for business purposes only.
- Where you contact us for the purposes of Public Engagement we will process this data for Public Engagement purposes only.
- Where you contact us for the purposes of Media we will process this data for Media purposes only. This may include signing up to receive information from us, or our newsletter.
- Where you make an application to work with us, SSPC will process any information you include for the purposes of any application relating to working with us only.
SSPC has an appropriate legal mechanism in place with Google for the purposes of compliance with the GDPR and National Irish Data Protection Legislation.
SSPC uses Google Analytics to collect data in real-time about you and your visits to www.sspc.ie.
What we collect about you when you visit our website
- How many visits we get to our website from you.
- We can also determine where you are from.
- If you are a new user or returning visitor.
- What language you use.
- Your location.
- The type of device you use to access our website (i.e. make and model of your phone, tablet, or desktop you used to access our website.
- The browser you used and operating system of the device you used to access the website so depending upon which device you used this is applicable to your computer, phone or tablet.
- We also collect information on your service provider for both your computer and your phone or tablet.
- We collect information on the screen resolution of your phone or tablet.
- The time of the day the website is accessed.
- If you return and how long you stay.
- What pages you access.
- Your behaviour when you visit our website.
- What pages you visited.
- How long you spent on each page.
- How frequent you visited these pages.
- We also collect information on how we acquired you, this tells us if you used an organic search or used a link or social media or found us directly.
We use all this information to better understand who our visitors are and it helps us to see how effective our website is and how we can improve it. We provide aggregated anonymised results to our funders as part of our reporting metrics. No information is provided to our funders which identifies you. We also use this data to compile statistical reports, we do not use this data to re-identify you and any reports generates are aggregated and anonymised.
We have in the past contacted and used with their consent some of our research Industry partners as case studies or for media and promotional purposes of our funders. In all cases we will never reveal your data unless we have first received your consent and instruction to do so.
SSPC will not identify users or facilitate the merging of personally identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through Google Analytics or its features unless you have given us affirmative consent (opted-in) to that identification or merger of data, provided that SSPC still have such Google Analytics features supported at the time of consent and have not disabled such features prior to consent. We will never attempt to disaggregate data collected via Google Analytics or any data reported in aggregate form from Google Analytics.
Whilst we do not anticipate this ever occurring. If this is ever envisaged, we will always contact you for your consent in advance of any such processing.
We will collect and process your personal data where it relates to any information you have volunteered and or provided to us for the purposes of issuing or discharging financial accounts, where you choose to provide this information to us (for example via email or a feedback form on our website).
Research Staff, Operations Staff & Alumni
Personal data relating to research staff, and operations staff and alumni of SSPC for data analytics is published on the SSPC website.
Personal Data and Your Rights
You have a number of rights under personal data protection legislation.
Your rights are as follows:
- Right to have your details used in line with Data Protection Regulations.
- Right to information about your personal details.
- Right to access your personal details.
- Right to know if your personal details are being held.
- Right to change or remove your details.
- Right to prevent use of your personal details.
- Right to remove your details from a direct marketing list.
- Right to object.
- Right to freedom from automated decision making.
- Right to refuse direct marketing calls or mail.
You may also raise a complaint, concern or query with the Data Protection Commissioner. For more on raising a complaint, concern or query with the Data Protection commissioner please see: https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Making-a-Complaint-to-the-Data-Protection
For more information on Data Subjects Rights see the Data Protection Commission website: https://www.dataprotection.ie/en/individuals
There are circumstances where you may not be able to exercise all your rights this depends upon the nature of the processing and the legal basis relied upon. For information on limiting data subject rights please see the Data Protection Commission website: https://www.dataprotection.ie/en/guidance-landing/limiting-data-subject-rights-and-application-article-23-gdpr
SSPC newsletter: If you wish to opt out of the SSPC mailing list, you can do so by emailing [email protected] and we will process your request.
SSPC is based at the Bernal Institute, University of Limerick. Further information or data privacy rights are available on the UL website https://www.ul.ie/dataprotection and the website of the Data Protection Commissioner https://www.dataprotection.ie. Please contact the Information and Compliance Office in UL on queries relating to the processing of personal data on this website. Email: [email protected].