The Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Transformative Pharmaceutical Technologies, is currently recruiting for 15 funded PhD studentships beginning in 2021.
Why study with the CDT?
- Fully funded PhD studentships at leading UK and Ireland universities
- Extensive number of PhD projects in a wide range of research disciplines
- Join a network of alumni in industry and academia
- Open innovation environment between academia and leading pharmaceutical and healthcare industry partners
What do we offer?
- Six funded studentships at the University of Nottingham (UoN), UK
- Six funded studentships at University College London (UCL), UK
- Three funded studentships at SSPC – The Science Foundation Ireland Research Centre for Pharmaceuticals, Ireland.
- The SSPC partner universities in the CDT are Trinity College Dublin, University College Dublin and University College Cork. The SSPC studentships are based in each of these universities.
- The Centre provides doctoral level training in a unique multidisciplinary environment at the interfaces between chemical, engineering, computational, pharmaceutical and biomedical sciences.
- A comprehensive scientific and soft-skills training curriculum also involves our UK-based students undertaking a 12-week training project at both academic and industry sites before beginning their PhD research and our Ireland-based students undertaking an industry placement in 2nd year.
- In addition, students receive training in innovation and entrepreneurship, attend conferences and colloquia events, all with very close industry involvement. They undertake team work and problem solving and undertake outreach activities such as public science communication.
Find out more about the Centre for Doctoral Training in Transformative Pharmaceutical Technologies here: www.pharmacy.tcd.ie/CDT/
How to Apply
Candidates should have, or expect to obtain, a first or upper-second class degree, or international equivalent, in pharmacy, chemistry, engineering, physics, biology, mathematics or related sciences, or a relevant Masters qualification.
- Closing date: 1 Feb 2020
- Apply online here: https://www.pharmacy.tcd.ie/CDT/cdt-funding/