Registration is now open for the popular Masterclass in Process Research and Development, a biennial event brought to you by NUI Galway in partnership with SSPC (University of Limerick), Roche Ireland Ltd, will be taking place at NUI Galway (D’Arcy Thompson Theatre) on 28th – 30th April 2020.
The course, which will be delivered by industrial practitioners and is aimed at Ph.D./M.Sc. students in chemistry and related disciplines, will:
- Focus on synthetic processes for “small molecule” active drug ingredients (APIs) and address the organic, physical and analytical chemistry involved.
- Cover process selection and development, technology transfer and on-going optimisation with reference to the safety, environmental, engineering, quality and regulatory disciplines involved.
- Use real examples to illustrate the subject.
- Include informal workshops run by our speakers and hands-on use of emerging analytical technologies courtesy of our exhibitioners.
(Note that the event has been expanded to 2 ½ days to accommodate workshops and hands-on use of emerging analytical technologies).
On completion of the course, students will:
- Understand the considerations involved in designing a chemical process suitable for industrial manufacturing
- Appreciate the scientific disciplines involved in bringing a chemical process from laboratory to industrial scale
- Be familiar with the organic chemistry involved in the manufacture of some significant current drugs
- Be able to rationalise and discuss the mechanisms of organic reactions involved in the synthesis of drugs
- Appreciate the importance of the physical properties of APIs and understand approaches and techniques for their control
There will be a fee of €150 per attendee. Applications and enquiries to [email protected].