SSPC-PMTC Training – Continuous Reactors and Processes for Pharmaceuticals – Fundamentals & Case Studies, (in person or on-line attendance).
Date: Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 10am, link to register here.
The workshop will be delivered by two experts in this area:
- Professor Vivek Ranade, UL (https://bernalinstitute.com/our_people/vivek-ranade/)
- Professor Vivek Buwa, IIT Delhi (http://web.iitd.ac.in/~vvbuwa)
Continuous reactors & processes represent a significant opportunity for transformative change within pharmaceutical manufacturing. The technology presents the sector with a methodology capable of achieving sustainability and carbon reduction targets while maintaining or improving on existing efficiencies and safety targets. Development of a systematic methodology and the associated computational models are essential for unlocking this transformative potential.
Our workshop will address this need by starting with the fundamentals of process engineering for continuous systems, building this into an adoption methodology for practically relevant processes, and finally, present selected cases studies illustrating application.
On the day, the following topics will be covered:
- Introduction to workshop/ MAGIC processes (modular, agile, intensified and continuous)
- Continuous reactors & processes: Fundamentals
- Process intensification
- Methodology for developing MAGIC processes
- Case studies: reactions
- Case studies: without reactions
This event will be of interest to engineers and researchers actively engaged in process development and intensification, along with research managers, to aid their understanding and realising the potential of continuous processes and process intensification for performance enhancement.